Do you wonder how it feels to be suspended in midair without gravity pulling you down?
Indoor skydiving gives this feeling and more. Your free-fall flying dreams become a reality, although it is just for a few fun minutes.
Keep reading if you are looking for the best places to indoor skydive in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Where To Indoor Skydive In Hollywood
Skydiving in a vertical wind tunnel is a safe, unique, and exciting opportunity for thrill seekers of all ages.
For visitors and residents of Los Angeles, let go of your fears by attempting indoor skydiving at iFLY Hollywood.
The iFLY Hollywood indoor skydiving facility at Universal City is open to everyone, regardless of physical ability.
Here, you can participate in an exhilarating activity that is now a sport for anyone interested.
Flying in a wind tunnel is secure, as you will not have to jump from an airplane.
As an easy alternative for those afraid of heights, flyers say the experience is better than outdoor skydiving since it lasts longer.
What to Expect at iFLY Hollywood
Like all iFLY locations, the facility recommends interested persons make reservations on their website or call their offices.
You will receive a confirmation, and to save time during your visit, consider filling in the mandatory waiver during booking.
When you arrive for your flight, you will check in and sign a waiver for everyone, including minors.
Only those over 18 can fill in the release form, and children must have a legal guardian or parent present when checking in.
Next, you will get safety gear, including a flight suit, goggles, a helmet, and earplugs. These are part of your package price and will not cost you extra.
Once everyone gears up, you will move to the briefing and training room.
Here, certified flight instructors will demonstrate the allowed movements and body postures in the chamber and answer your questions.
They will then help you enter the tunnel individually for your session.
Finally, at the end of your flight, you will exit the chamber, remove the gear, and pick up your certificate and payable videos on your way out.
Your entire experience at the facility will last between one and two hours.
Indoor skydiving piquing your interest? Our beginner’s guide is designed to answer all your questions and equip you with the necessary knowledge before taking the leap.
How Much Does It Cost?
To indoor skydive at iFLY Hollywood, flyers pay a minimum of $84.99 for two minutes of flight time.
As this is the basic 2-Flight package, additional time, number of participants, and day of the week may increase the price.
Rules at iFLY Hollywood
For a successful indoor flight experience, the facility has a few rules that visitors must adhere to for everyone’s safety:
- All interested parties must be above three years old and weigh less than 260 lbs. However, they can accommodate anyone between 260-300 lbs. but call first to check if they can. It is necessary, as you want everyone in your group to experience the mind-blowing experience regardless of weight.
- The recommended dress code is close-fitting street clothes and lace-up shoes. If you have any valuable accessories, consider leaving them at home, as lockers are unavailable. Additionally, anyone with long hair should tie it back in a low bun to tuck in the helmet, which is part of the safety gear.
- Pregnant women, anyone with a previous shoulder dislocation, and intoxicated persons will not fly. Moreover, if you suffer from heart disease, spine, neck, or back problems, get a doctor’s consent before skydiving indoors.
- Lastly, you must refrain from doing flips or tricks during the session, especially if you are a first-timer. A flight instructor will accompany you inside the chamber to keep you safe and ensure you have a good time while guiding your movements.
- Monday and Wednesday: 12:30 pm – 6 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12 pm – 7 pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 12 pm to 8 pm
Hollywood is famous as the core of the film industry. As you immerse yourself in the tour of all things cinema, spare an hour or two to experience the thrill of indoor skydiving.
The iFLY indoor skydiving facility in Hollywood, Los Angeles, is a must-visit recreation center for all adventure seekers.
- 3 Best Places To Indoor Skydive In San Diego
- Is Indoor Skydiving a Good Activity For Birthday Parties?
- Can You Indoor Skydive If You Have a Fear of Heights?
- What Are Some Safety Measures that are Taken During Indoor Skydiving?
- How Do You Enter and Exit the Wind Tunnel During Indoor Skydiving?
- How Do You Communicate With Your Instructor During Indoor Skydiving?