We learned from an early age that throwing a tantrum wasn’t okay.
But sometimes, you want to scream or hit something out of anger.
Now there’s an adult way to throw a tantrum by breaking stuff in Pittsburgh’s rage rooms.
Here are some of our favorite rage rooms in Pittsburgh and why you should try at least one.
1. Go Full Throttle Rage Room
At Full Throttle Adrenaline Park, there are several ways to release stress.
Visitors can participate in karting, axe-throwing, arcade games, break bar, racing, and rage rooms. Today we’re going to focus on the latter.
Their rage room allows visitors to smash all kinds of things, including glass bottles and TVs.
With no one to judge you, breaking stuff can be more liberating than other stress management activities in this facility.
Pricing at Go Full Throttle
|Package||Price per person||Time|
|Rage Room W/ Glass||$25||20 minutes|
|TV, 2 Liquor Bottles, and 20 Clay Pigeons||$55||20 minutes|
|TV and 2 Glass||$75||20 minutes|
Subsequent Rage Room W/Glass packages come with a discount as follows:
- First activity: $25
- Second activity: $15
- Third activity: $13
- Forth activity: $11
The other packages don’t offer discounts.
What to Expect
- Customers will receive various items to break and destruction tools
- Add-ons are available at an added cost
- Raging lasts about 15-20 minutes, but visitors should arrive early for check-in, gear up, and go through a safety tutorial.
- The rage room can accommodate up to four people simultaneously; each taking turns smashing.
- Visitors must be 16+ years to participate in anger room activities
- Minors must have a responsible adult present in the smash room
- Closed-toe shoes are required for safety
- Customers under the influence are not allowed into the anger room
- Monday – Thursday: 12 pm – 10 pm
- Friday & Saturday: 11 am – 11 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm – 8 pm
2. The Washington Break Room
Everyone experiences stress in one way or the other, but you don’t have to carry it all day, every day.
Leave your stress and anger at the Washington Break Room, and they’ll clean up the mess afterward.
This business allows visitors to smash all kinds of things, including bottles, old electronics, and more.
You only need to book a raging session and select the number of guests. You can even host a party here.
Pricing at Washington Break Room
The Washington Break Room offers various packages to suit the needs and budgets of different customers, as shown below:
|Rage Release (1 – 2 People)||$40 per person||30 minutes|
|Smash Time (3 – 5 people)||$40 per person||45 minutes|
|Glass Grind (6 – 9 people)||$35 per person||45 minutes|
|Lucky Smash||$400 for up to 8 people||45 minutes|
|Celebratory Smash||Starts from $350||60 minutes|
The Celebratory Smash package price will vary depending on the items offered. For starters:
- $350 for 150 breakables and 1 TV
- $500 for 250 breakables and 2 TVs
- $900 for 500 breakables and 4 TVs
- $1,300 for 750 breakables and 6 TVs
Larger groups of 6-8 people will receive a discount of $5/person
What to Expect
- The rage room will provide various breakables and tools for destruction
- Each participant gets 25 items to break. Additional items are available at an added cost.
- Customers can bring their own items to break, which are subject to approval.
- The Washington Break Room ensures safety by providing customers with safety gear like gloves and full-face masks.
- Customers can take photos and videos of their raging session
- The rage room is suitable for solo sessions but allows booking for large groups. They can even host a party or event of any kind.
- Participants must be 10+ years
- Minors must come with a responsible adult
- Participants must wear closed-toe shoes and pants to avoid possible injury. Also, long-sleeve shirts are recommended.
- No alcohol or drug use on the premises, and the facility reserves the right to deny participation to anyone who’s under the influence.
- Pregnant women cannot participate in rage room activities for safety purposes.
- No walk-ins at this time
- Friday: 5 – 9 pm
- Saturday: 2 pm – 9 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm – 6 pm
The Washington Break Room may only be open on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays with appointments.
3. 412 Rage Room
412 Rage Room is glad to provide visitors with an outlet for their emotions.
People from all walks of life, including singles, couples, friends, family, and co-workers, come here looking to blow off steam.
From $35, customers can use a sledgehammer or baseball hat to break everything from glass bottles to dishes, furniture, TVs, and monitors.
You are welcome to bring your own breakables, whether it’s a picture of your ex or an obsolete electronic.
Of course, the center reserves the right to refuse items they consider risky.
Pricing at 412 Rage Room
|All Out Rage FULL CRATE||$50 person||45 minutes|
|Fu#% Sh%! Up 1/2 CRATE||$35/person||30 minutes|
|The Break Up Party for 8||$300||2 hours|
|Break Up Party for 12||$480||2 hours|
|Rage With A Twist||$30 person||30 minutes|
|RAGE With A Twist PARTY OF 8||$250||2 hours|
|Rage With A Twist Party of 12||$350||2 hours|
|Rage Room Extreme Party of 12||$830||2 hours|
What to Expect
- The rage rooms contain different breakables, including bottles, mirrors, toys, keyboards, furniture, etc.
- The number of items offered will depend on the package, but you can buy more during your raging session.
- Visitors can bring their own items to break.
- Golf clubs, sledgehammers, bats, and the like are provided for breaking stuff.
- You can rage alone, with friends and family, or plan team-building sessions with co-workers.
- Feel free to take photos and videos of your raging session
- The facility recommends scheduling but also welcomes walk-ins
- There’s a loyalty program that allows you to earn points
- Participants must sign a liability waiver.
- There are no refunds after booking, but you can reschedule 5 days before your appointment.
- Participants must wear long sleeves, pants, and booths or hard-bottom shoes.
- Anyone under the influence is not allowed into the rage room
- Participants should be 12 years and above. Minors must be in the company of a responsible adult
- Participants must wear the PPEs at all times while in the smash room
- Failure to follow safety rules and the staff will end your session without a refund.
- Monday – Thursday: Closed
- Fridays: Open for Booked Parties Only
- Saturday – Sunday: 4 pm – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Open for booked parties only from 8:15 pm – 10:15 pm
It’s important to note that rage rooms don’t address the root cause of your anger, but they’re a fun outlet.
You can safely express your negative and painful emotions in the above rage rooms without judgment or endangering lives.