Anyone above 2 years old can go indoor skydiving in almost every available facility. However, the minimum age ranges between 2-4 years, depending on the establishment.
For adults, as long as you can withstand the high-speed winds, you can go at any age. Below is everything you need to know about indoor skydiving at any age.
Age Requirements For Indoor Skydiving
Indoor skydiving is a fun activity for the entire family to participate in. It creates a relaxed atmosphere where you can bond and make lasting memories.
Here are the age requirements for most indoor skydiving facilities.
- Although some facilities allow two-year-olds to fly, most facilities begin at three years.
- There is no maximum age limit for adults as long as you are healthy enough to participate.
- As long as a toddler is potty trained, their height and weight do not matter when indoor skydiving.
- However, some facilities require children to weigh at least 40 pounds for indoor skydiving.
Read before you go – Can You Indoor Skydive If You Have a Medical Condition?
Tips For Children When Indoor Skydiving
Are you looking to get your children away from their gadgets? Then consider an indoor skydiving experience.
It is a fun, mentally, and physically stimulating indoor activity, ideal for their developing brains and bodies.
However, before you make that booking, here are a few things you need to know.
- Kids of different ages can enjoy indoor skydiving. Trainers are available to help them learn a new skill safely.
- For children under 18 years, a guardian or parent must be present to sign a liability waiver and consent form.
- Guardians or parents must attend the safety training with the child before their session.
- Children’s supervision is mandatory. Parents can watch as they fly with the guidance of the indoor skydiving instructors.
- Children of any approved age with disabilities can also participate with a doctor’s consent.
- If your child is terrified during their first experience, go first and let them watch you build their confidence.
- Protective gear is available for all ages. Please have your child wear one as they wait their turn.
- Indoor skydiving helps build and strengthen kids’ muscles for proper coordination.
- If your child has a competitive spirit, they can sign up for indoor skydiving as a regular sport.
- Most indoor skydiving facilities offer birthday packages, the perfect opportunity to get your young ones flying.
Looking for more details? Explore this informative guide about indoor skydiving to unlock valuable tips and tricks for beginners.
Tips For Adults When Indoor Skydiving
As an adult, skydiving is one of the items to include on your bucket list. Indoor skydiving is the best and safest alternative if you fear leaping off a plane.
The beauty of this fun activity is that it is open to all ages, and health is the only determining factor.
However, for safety reasons, here are a few tips for any adult looking to indoor skydive.
- You can fly, even at 70 years old, as long as you do not have neck or back problems.
- Consult your physician for an all-clear check-up before attempting to indoor skydive.
- Although there is no age limit for adults, there is a weight limit. Adult participants must weigh below 250 pounds. However, the weight requirements vary based on gender and height.
- Stretch before you fly, as indoor skydiving works up muscles you didn’t know existed in your body.
- If you have a disability, indoor skydiving is a freeing experience. Not only does it lift your mood, but it creates an opportunity to get active.
- You do not have to have prior experience in indoor skydiving. The instructors train all participants before a session.
- If you have a special request, such as wheelchair accessibility queries, contact the facility beforehand.
- Anyone with a recent dislocation or injury cannot fly for health and safety reasons.
- Dress comfortably before your session, ideally in sportswear and lace-up trainers.
- If you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will not fly.
- Carry your identification, as most indoor skydiving facilities will confirm your age.
Indoor skydiving is open to people of all ages, whether it is a one-time thing or you want to keep doing it. Before booking a session, check the facility’s website for age restrictions and criteria.
Although most establishments are flexible, some have a higher minimum age limit for children.
- Has Anyone Died From Indoor Skydiving?
- Who Invented Indoor Skydiving? (Unveiling the Mastermind)
- Is Indoor Skydiving A Good Activity For Team Building?
- Can You Indoor Skydive With Asthma? (Find Out Before You Go)
- Can You Indoor Skydive With High Blood Pressure?
- What Are The Risks of Indoor Skydiving?