Team building activities enhance workplace relationships, employee productivity, and company culture.
If you’re contemplating hosting a team-building event for your team but unsure about which activities to include, consider indoor skydiving.
Below is what you need to know about indoor skydiving as a team-building activity.
How Indoor Skydiving Works
Team building activities unwind your team and bring them closer together. However, the same activities repeatedly make these events less effective.
Seriously, though, how many drum circles or trust-fall exercises can one endure?
If you’re looking for something special for your next team outing, how about an exhilarating freefall experience?
Of course, we are not talking about jumping out of an airplane at 10,000+ feet with your team — aka actual skydiving — as it’d be too risky, not to mention a logistical nightmare.
Indoor skydiving is safer and more controlled alternative to get the same sensation. This activity takes place inside a vertical wind tunnel equipped with giant fans.
The powerful fans send strong gushes of wind — capable of lifting a human being — upwards through the tunnel.
Benefits of Indoor Skydiving as a Team Building Activity
Floating in the smooth column of air inside a wind tunnel creates the same feeling as freefalling through the sky.
Indoor skydiving is the perfect team-building activity for those seeking an exhilarating indoor aerial adventure.
Here are the benefits of indoor skydiving as a team-building activity.
Indoor skydiving is an inclusive activity that almost everyone in the office can participate in safely, including team members with disability.
There may be a few restrictions based on weight and injury history, but that’s all.
Indoor skydiving as a team-building activity fosters community and cooperation, resulting in stronger employee relationships.
Partaking in indoor skydiving as a group will also boost morale in the office.
Indoor skydiving allows your employees to interact and connect in a new way, injecting your team with positive energy. This level of excitement will keep everyone charged for the rest of the year.
As a team-building activity, indoor skydiving is engaging and exciting.
Participating in such an activity relieves stress and re-energizes your team, which, in turn, inspires productivity and motivation.
Indoor skydiving is a fantastic opportunity for your employees to create shared memories, which helps strengthen employee relationships.
Exciting team activities like indoor skydiving helps find commonalities employees can discuss when they next meet.
Indoor skydiving as a team-building activity can also boost your company culture.
Devoting your resources to fun activities such as indoor skydiving shows your team that you value them and want to cultivate positive relationships in the office.
Break the Monotony
Boredom is one of the leading productivity killers in the office.
Occasionally inserting fun and joy into the work week with fun team-building activities such as indoor skydiving helps break the monotony. Your employees can come back to work refreshed and re-energized.
What to Expect When Indoor Skydiving With Your Team
As you can see, indoor skydiving makes for a great team-building activity.
It can also help team members overcome the fear of heights and prepare for the real deal.
So, what can you expect when you go indoor skydiving with your team?
- Your team will be encouraged to arrive an hour to 45 minutes before the scheduled flight. If you have a large group, you may want to get there earlier to facilitate check-in.
- All team members must fill out a liability form or waiver before they are allowed to fly in a wind tunnel.
- Some locations may ask each team member to step on a scale to ensure they are within the set skydiving weight limit.
- Team members will sit through an indoor skydiving safety class or briefing. Here, they’ll learn basic movements and hand gestures for communication inside the wind tunnel.
- Finally, team members can gear up and enter the wind tunnel for their flight experience.
Indoor skydiving as a team-building activity presents a unique opportunity to build stronger bonds and have a little fun while you’re at it.
This thrilling experience will release endorphins and bring out big smiles. What a fantastic way to keep your employees engaged, excited, and on their toes!
- 3 Best Places To Indoor Skydive In San Diego
- Is Indoor Skydiving a Good Activity For Birthday Parties?
- Can You Indoor Skydive If You Have a Fear of Heights?
- What Are Some Safety Measures that are Taken During Indoor Skydiving?
- How Do You Enter and Exit the Wind Tunnel During Indoor Skydiving?
- How Do You Communicate With Your Instructor During Indoor Skydiving?