If you’re looking for an unforgettable immersive experience, look no further than teamLab Borderless in Tokyo. This museum is known for its futuristic, often digitized interactive installations that will leave you wondering what’s real and what’s not. With its endless corridors and rooms full of color and motion, teamLab Borderless is a must-see for anyone visiting Tokyo. It’s the perfect place to visit if you want to journey into the unknown and experience something truly unique!
Table of Contents
- 1 teamLab Borderless
- 2 Highlights when visiting teamLab Borderless
- 3 Who are teamLab?
- 4 Why is teamLab Borderless closing?
- 5 How much is teamLab Borderless?
- 6 How to Get to teamLab Borderless
- 7 Is teamLab Borderless Child-friendly?
- 8 Which teamLab is Better in Tokyo?
- 9 What should I wear to teamLab Borderless?
- 10 How long does teamLab Borderless take?
teamLab Borderless is a museum without internal bounderies and walls, where artworks move and interact with one another to create an ever-changing world. The museum is filled with bold, vibrant patterns and designs, and visitors are encouraged to dive right in and explore. The artworks are highly interactive, and each one interacts with the others to create a single, limitless world. Whether you’re walking through the light-filled corridors or exploring the falsely calm ponds, there’s always something new to see. teamLab Borderless is an unforgettable experience that will leave you wondering where the boundaries between art and reality really lie.
Highlights when visiting teamLab Borderless
When visiting teamLab Borderless in Tokyo there are several installations but the best installations are:
- In “Forest of Resonating Lamps,” guests can lose themselves in an endless flickering field of lanterns that are set aglow by human movement. This is a mesmerizing experience.
- “Forest of Flowers and People: Lost, Immersed and Reborn” is a vibrantly colored light garden. The garden features a variety of vibrantly colored plants and flowers throughout the installation. Guests can stroll through the ‘plant-filled space’, which also features a small pond.
- “Flutter of Butterflies Beyond Borders, Floating Nest” is an immersive installation that invites guests to lay down if they so wish and let the butterflies flitter around their body in this amazing sensory experience.
Who are teamLab?
Teamlab is a virtual space for connecting, collaborating, and learning in a cross-pollination of various artforms. It’s how we do things at Teamlab, which is an international art collective, an interdisciplinary group of diverse professionals including artists, coders, engineers, CGI animators, mathematicians, and architects whose collaborative work aims to cross the boundaries of art, science, technology, and nature.
Along with Teamlab’s other installation in Tokyo, Teamlab PLANETS, there are also several teamLab installations scattered around the globe including Shanghai, Miami, FL, and Macao.
Why is teamLab Borderless closing?
Unfortunately, teamlab Borderless has made the news in early 2022 as the decision has been made to close the exhibition in the Southern Tokyo region of Odaiba or Palette Town. This permanent closure is due to the planned redevelopment of the waterfront area in which Palette Town is located.
teamLab Borderless in Palette Town, Odaiba, Tokyo will be closing its doors for the last time on 31 August 2022.
How much is teamLab Borderless?
How much do tickets to teamLab Borderless cost? Adult tickets for teamLab Borderless cost ¥3200 or Approximately $26.00 USD at the time of writing in 2022.
How to Get to teamLab Borderless
teamLab is a 3 minute walk from Aomi Station – Yurikamome Line – Northern Exit. The museum is located in the MORI Building DIGITAL ART MUSEUM
Is teamLab Borderless Child-friendly?
This exhibition in teamlab Borderless is also kid-friendly with many separate areas for toddlers and children throughout the 10,000 square meter museum.
Which teamLab is Better in Tokyo?
If you are traveling with kids, Borderless is the better of the two Tokyo options. However, once Borderless closes in August 2022, PLANETS will also be a good destination for familes.
What should I wear to teamLab Borderless?
The majority of the enjoyment in teamLab Borderless is exploring the museum, so comfort is important. Try wearing some comfy pants with sneakers, or other types of comfortable shoes instead of heels. High heels will tire you out and prevent you from visiting “teamLab Athletics Forest.”
How long does teamLab Borderless take?
The teamLab Borderless Museum has over 50 works of art on display, so there’s plenty to experience. You’ll need at least 3-4 hours to stroll around at your ease taking photographs, stopping and taking time to immerse yourself in the different installations. Unfortunately queuing is a major factor when you visit teamLab so be prepared to wait to get into some of the museum’s most popular rooms.