Destin is located in Florida and is home to some of the best white sandy beaches in the world.
Apart from the mesmerizing beaches, Destin offers emerald green water, fishing trips, watersports, dolphin cruises, and more.
Read on to find out when is the best time to visit Destin, Florida.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Destin Florida
The best time to visit Destin Florida is in April and May because the water is warm and the temperatures are comfortable and range between 76 and 83 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you visit Destin earlier than this, you should expect cooler weather and chilly water. If you visit Destin a bit later, you can expect temperatures to go into the 90s.
You can expect the weather temperatures to range between 76 and 83 degrees Fahrenheit.
Moreover, the water temperatures are in the 70s in April and continue to rise through May.
The humidity levels are not as uncomfortable as they can get in August and September.
This is very important, especially if you are traveling with kids.
They hate it when it’s too cold, too hot, or too humid. This is why April and May is the best time to visit Destin Florida.
Keep in mind that the weather forecasts will probably say that there will be a high rain prediction percentage.
But this is often just a brief shower and everything is back to normal. Do not let the weather forecasts make you postpone your trip to Destin.
There are two key events in April and May:
- The first one is called Tequila and Taco fest which involves eating tacos and drinking Tequila. Those two words go great in the same sentence.
- The second event is called Burning Up The Beaches, and it is a classic car show. The hubby will have a great time.
What Are The Cheapest Months To Go To Destin Florida?
The cheapest months to visit Destin, Florida are November through February because they are considered off-season.
As we all know, during the off-season, the cost of flying, accommodations, and rental cars drop significantly. Keep in mind that restaurants do not change their prices during the off-season.
The weather in November in Destin, Florida is mild and sunny with average temperatures of 76 degrees Fahrenheit.
Festival-wise, the key events include Destin Day of the Dead Festival, the Turkey Trot race, and lots of live concerts on HarborWalk.
The month of December in Destin, Florida is reserved for Christmas and New Year.
The temperatures range from 50 degrees during the night to 71 degrees during the day.
It is also not unusual to see temperatures in the 80s during December.
The events include:
- S’mores with Santa
- Free Beach Bonfire
- 12 Nights of Lights
- Photos with Santa
- Breakfast with Santa, and more
Temperatures in January in Destin, Florida range from 50 degrees to around 61 degrees.
It might be too cold to swim in January in Destin, Florida but there are tons of other things to do.
There are numerous events for both the young and the adults to enjoy.
The key events include:
- Live Music Festivals
- Take a Walk on the Beach
- checking out the Marine Life at Gualfarium
- joining the Snowbird Club, and more
Swimming is also not an option in February in Destin, Florida because the temperatures range from 52 degrees to about 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
There are still a lot of things to do such as Brunch Fest at Harborwalk Village, Sandestin Gumbo Festival, Shrimp and Grist Festival, Bubbly Baytowne, and more.
What Are The Best Beaches In Destin, Florida
Destin, Florida is home to some of the best beaches in the world.
The water has a lovely emerald color and it is warm thanks to the current of warm water from the Gulf Stream.
It is quite hard to choose the best beach in Destin, so we came up with a list of the 10 best beaches:
- James Lee Beach: Clean, parking is free, has a playground for kids, and is the perfect spot for weddings.
- Crab Island: Not an island, but still very beautiful. Reachable only by boat and has beautiful blue water.
- Miramar Beach: Very popular spot that’s just a 15-minute drive toward the east. Has stunning clear water and powdery white sand.
- Princess Beach: One of the best beaches with low crowds. But there are no lifeguards on duty, so probably not the best one to visit with kids.
- Henderson Beach State Park: Amazing place to swim and snorkel, but has no lifeguard on duty.
- June White Decker Park: Small with about 1000 feet of shoreline, but a very popular beach spot. You will probably need to get there early in the morning to find a spot.
- Blue Mountain Beach: No mountains, just sand dunes. Beautiful emerald water, free but limited parking, outdoor shower, and public restrooms.
- Okaloosa Island Beach: Great beach with shops, ice cream, volleyball courts, and restaurants. The water is very clear and excellent for snorkeling.
- Eglin Beach Park: Only for military personnel. Has bright white sand and stunning blue waters.
- Norreigo Point Beach Park: Has the clearest water in Destin. You might be able to see crabs or sea turtles in the water.
What Is Hurricane Season in Destin Florida?
Hurricane season in Destin Florida starts around June 1st and ends around November 30th.
This doesn’t mean that there will be a hurricane for certain, but it is good to be informed.
During the hurricane season in 2022, the city of Destin, Florida has predicted 19 named storms to come close or go over Destin.
Destin is a great place to spend your holiday, but you have to be aware of the hurricane season.
Overall, visiting Destin in April and May will be the best time.
In hurricane season, curfews may exist which means you could be stuck in the hotel for days. It is really not a great way to spend your holiday.
The best time to visit Destin, Florida weather-wise is in April and May. The temperatures are very pleasant and it is before the hurricane season.
The hotels might be a bit pricey, but it is totally worth it. Head over to Booking.com to find the best deals.