If you do not have a passport, or you forgot to renew it on time, the opportunity to have an amazing vacation is not off the table.
Did you know that there are amazing Caribbean islands you can go to without a passport?
Here are 5 amazing places in the Caribbean where you do not need a passport to travel.
1. St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands is an ideal destination to visit without needing a passport!
Situated between Puerto Rico and the British Virgin Islands, St. Thomas is part of United States territory which allows travelers to skip needing any type of travel documents when visiting this idyllic island.
You can spend sunny days at one of the St. Thomas amazing beaches:
- Lindquist Beach: Located on the western side of St. Thomas, this beach is known for white sand beaches and stunning crystal clear waters. Great for snorkeling enthusiasts.
- Magens Bay Beach: Probably the best spot on St. Thomas for those who enjoy panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and sunbathing. Great for swimming and snorkeling.
- Hull Bay Beach: Located on the north side of St. Thomas, this beach offers incredible views of nearby islands and the Atlantic Ocean. Great for swimming, snorkeling, and surfing.
For those looking for something else than sunbathing, there are tons of attractions such as Fort Christian and Blackbear’s castle.
If you decide that St. Thomas is your next vacation destination, here are some amazing hotels to stay at:
2. Culebra, Puerto Rico
Culebra, an unincorporated US territory located off the east coast of Puerto Rico, makes for a great vacation getaway without all the hassle associated with international travel.
US citizens can fly directly into Culebra or take a ferry from Fajardo – Puerto Rico’s closest major port city.
Since it’s part of America, there are no customs checks or passports needed to visit.
There are tons of beautiful beaches in Culebra, but visiting these three is a must:
- Flamenco Beach: Located on the far east of Culebra, this is probably the most beautiful beach in Puerto Rico. It has stunning crystal clear waters and a long stretch of white sand beaches. Great for swimming, sunbathing, kayaking, and snorkeling.
- Carlos Rosario Beach: This is a small and not-so-crowded beach located south of Flamenco Beach. With lots of shade from trees, this beach is perfect for those who want to spend the day at the beach but not in direct sunlight.
- Tamarindo Beach: Located at the center of Culebra, this beach has unique light-colored sand and crystal-clear waters. Great for swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling.
For those looking for days filled with adventure, there are lots of snorkeling tours with turtles, boat tours to Culebrita or Culebra beach, and catamaran trips to nearby islands.
If Culebra, Puerto Rico is your next destination, here are some hotels to stay at:
3. Water Island, US Virgin Islands
Water Island is situated in the US Virgin Islands and is an ideal getaway for US citizens who don’t require a passport to travel.
At only 500 acres in size, this makes it one of the tiniest islands in the world.
You can spend some quality time away from home on its many stunning beaches, explore forests filled with native flora and fauna, or simply soak up the laid-back atmosphere that permeates this idyllic island.
Water Island has lots of amazing beaches, but these three are the best:
- Honeymoon Beach: As the name suggests, this beach is commonly used for beach ceremonies and is an idyllic place for couples. It is located on the south side of Water Island and boasts crystal clear waters, white sand beaches, and stunning views. Great for snorkeling and kayaking.
- Limetree Beach: This peaceful beach features calm waters, beautiful lime trees, and coconut trees. With amazing coral reefs just off-shore, this place is great for swimming and snorkeling.
- Sprat Bay Beach: Located on the east side of Water Island, this beach is great for snorkeling enthusiasts or for those who want to relax on the white sand. The surrounding trees provide plenty of shade for those who wish to have a picnic and several restaurants for those who like fine dining.
Here are some beautiful hotels to stay at while visiting Water Island:
4. San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico is an ideal vacation spot for US citizens without the need to worry about carrying a passport.
Situated along the Caribbean Sea, it boasts some of the most stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters you could ever wish for.
Here are some of the best beaches in San Juan:
- Condado Beach: Located in the heart of San Juan, this beach features golden sand, crystal-clear water, lots of restaurants, and shops.
- Ocean Park Beach: Located in south San Juan, it is ideal for visitors who want to avoid crowds. Great for swimming, relaxing, and sunbathing.
- Isla Verde Beach: This beach is perfect for sunbathing and swimming in crystal-clear waters. There are lots of water sports available such as jet skiing and parasailing.
San Juan is also known for its amazing cuisine, exciting nightlife, and interesting cultural sites like Castillo San Cristobal and La Fortaleza.
Plus, the EL Yunque National Forest is a great place for people that enjoy hiking and exploring.
Here are some amazing accommodations in San Juan:
5. St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands is a popular vacation spot for US citizens without passports.
Situated just east of Puerto Rico and south of the British Virgin Islands, St. Croix boasts stunning coral reefs, lush rainforests, and sandy beaches alike – making it an idyllic haven for nature lovers.
Visitors can enjoy one of the best beaches in the world, including:
- Cane Bay Beach: Located on the north coast of St. Croix, this beach is perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing.
- Rainbow Beach: Located in the south of St. Croix, this beach has white sand and clear blue waters which makes it great for swimming and snorkeling.
- Salt River Bay: Located in the east of St. Croix, this beach provides visitors with kayaking options as well as parasailing.
Here are some beautiful hotels to stay at while visiting St. Croix:
Not having a passport doesn’t matter because you can still have a wonderful vacation in the Caribbean. Visit one of the US islands in the Caribbean and have the best time of your life.