To say that life can be stressful is an understatement. Many people feel overwhelmed, angry, irritable, and not on their best behavior by the demands of life.
Whether it is work or family stressing you or social media giving you FOMO, it’s important to find ways to manage stress so it doesn’t affect your health.
So let’s look at a few options in San Jose and what they offer to help you release stress.
1. Smash City Rage Room
Are you feeling stressed out? Tired of your daily routine and need a way to let out your frustrations?
Pricing at Smash City Rage Room
This smash room charges $45 per person, and each session lasts 30 minutes. This package includes ten breakable items and some electronics.
What to Expect At Smash City Rage Room
- Safety is their priority, so participants get full protective gear and a safety tutorial before starting their anger room activity.
- All training and equipment to break and for breaking are provided
- The availability of items may vary. So, if certain electronics are unavailable, the center may offer breakables and vice versa.
- The center has wheelchair access.
Rules In the Smash Room
- The minimum age limit for using the anger room is ten years, and minors must come with a parent or guardian.
- Walk-ins are allowed if there are free slots, although the center recommends booking a rage room in advance.
- Visitors must wear closed-toe shoes, and comfortable clothing is recommended.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 2 pm – 9 pm
- Thursday-Sunday: 11 am – 9 pm
2. Break Stuff Bay Area
Whether you want to blow off steam or have fun, the Break Stuff Rage Room has you covered.
And discounts are often available for larger groups, so bring a friend or family or organise corporate team-building activities.
Pricing at Break Stuff Bay Area
This smash room offers differently priced packages to suit different needs, as shown below:
|Package||Price for up to 5 people||Time (minutes)|
|Bring Your Own Breakables (BYOB)||$80||30|
|All You Can Break||$155||30|
|NOTHING BUT GLASS||$100||30|
What to Expect
- The Annihilation package provides 40 glass items and four electronics to break.
- The All-You-Can-Break provides 60 breakable glass and six electronics
- As the name suggests, the NOTHING-BUT-GLASS package provides 50 glass items
- With the BYOB package, prices are subject to change depending on the items and quantity
- This recreational center has two rage rooms, and each can hold up to five people at once
- Visitors will get various things to break, including glass bottles, printers, speakers, and other electronics.
- Corporate events or large groups will have different pricing depending on the time, attention, and size.
- There’s a recycling fee, and it’s separate from the pricing above
- On the positive side, this means that the center ensures proper disposal of broken items, so there’s no worry about the negative environmental impact.
Rules at Break Stuff Rage Room
- All participants must be eight years and above, and minors must come with an adult.
- The center has a dress code: closed-toe shoes, sleeved shirt or sweater, and pants.
- Thursday and Friday: 5 pm-9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 12-8 pm
3. Stanislaus Rage Room
Are you stressed, dealing with heartbreak, recently let go, or angry about being stuck in traffic, among other things?
Stanislaus Rage Room offers an alternative kind of anger management and stress relief. Gear up, choose your weapons of destruction, and break everything in a room.
We guarantee you’ll leave more relaxed than you came in. You can even bring your own stuff to break, without cleaning afterward. It’s fun, right?
Pricing at Stanislaus Rage Room
|Stepped on a Lego||$15||5|
|Lost my job||$25||20|
Breakdown of Packages
- The Lost-My-Job session provides two buckets and two items to break
- With the Family Drama session, you get to choose three buckets of breakable glass and three other items
- This recreational center allows up to 6 participants on the premises and only two at a time in the anger room
- Games and challenges are available upon request
Stanislaus Rage Room Features
- Visitors’ safety and well-being are a top priority
- The rage rooms are cleaned and sanitised before each session
- Safety gear is provided, including a helmet, leather gloves, safety glasses, and heavy-duty coveralls
- Visitors are allowed to bring their own stuff to break
- Various weapons of destruction are available, including golf clubs, bats, hammers, pipes, wrecking bars, and much more
- Re-scheduling is allowed
- The center offers promotions and discounts from time to time, so check its website and social media before booking a session.
- The smash room ensures cleaning and proper disposal of the broken items
- You can host birthday parties, offering unlimited smashing for up to six participants
- The staff is super friendly and cool
Rules at the Stanislaus anger Room
- Sessions are by appointment, although they may allow walk-ins if there are free slots.
- Visitors must wear closed-toe shoes
- Participants must be 12 years and above
- All participants must sign waivers beforehand
- Minors will have waivers signed on their behalf by their parent/guardian.
- The rage room is open on Monday to Sunday from 11 am to 9 pm
If you’re one of those people who like to destroy stuff when they are angry, rage rooms are for you.
You no longer have to break your stuff. The rage rooms in San Jose are a safe space for you to release stress, anger, and burnout differently.
One caveat is that rage rooms don’t resolve mental illness. If you’re suffering from chronic anger, it would be best to seek therapy. Some people find the combination of destruction therapy and talk therapy efficient for managing stress and other ill feelings.