Have you ever been so mad and frustrated you just wanted to break something?
Well, you don’t have to destroy your stuff anymore, not to mention clean up afterward.
Rage rooms can be a solution for angry, stressed, or frustrated people.
Below we look at a few smash rooms in Los Angeles worth checking out.
1. Break Room LA
Whether you want to release negative energy positively or a different entertainment activity, Break Room LA is your best bet.
This recreational center has an excellent smash room and offers axe-throwing and paint-splashing activities. The goal here is simple, to get the rage out!
Pricing At the Rage Room
|Rage||$45 per person||20|
|Wreck||$65 per person||30|
|Glow in the dark||$80 per person||25|
|Destroy a vehicle||$1,200||Up to 1 hour|
|Bring Your Own Box (B.Y.O.B)||$35 per person|
Breakdown of Packages
- All the packages admit one person except for the Destroy-A-Vehicle package, which allows up to 12 people.
- The Rage and Wreck packages offer 10 and 15 small breakables, respectively
- The Destroy-a-vehicle package lets you wreck an entire vehicle by smashing its side mirrors, headlights, doors, windows, and more
- While you can bring your stuff to hit, some items, like light bulbs, aerosol cans, gas cans, and electronics, are prohibited for safety purposes.
- All packages include protective gear.
Rules at Break Room LA
- Visitors are required to book a session in advance, so no walk-ins
- Same-day-booking is available, but you may have to wait a while if all the slots are taken
- Visitors must wear closed-toe shoes and are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing that allows for mobility.
- The minimum age for participating in the rage room and axe throwing is ten years.
- The minimum age to participate in the paint room is two years
- An adult must accompany all minors
- Rescheduling is allowed up to two times, but no refunds
- Pregnant women or people who have consumed alcohol are not encouraged to participate in the rage room
Break Room LA offers packages that include multiple activities at once.
So, why smash things only when you can get creative with painting or learn how to throw an axe as well?
Bundle packages are priced differently, as follows:
- Axe + Rage bundle: For $75 per person, visitors get 45 minutes of axe throwing and 20 minutes in the anger room with 11 breakables.
- Axe + Paint V.I.P: For $90/person, visitors get 45 minutes of axe throwing and 20 minutes of painting. The paint V.I.P pack includes 6 4oz bottles of paint, one paint pack, three paint balloons, and a t-shirt.
- Rage + Paint V.I.P: For $120/person, visitors can enjoy 20 minutes of painting and breaking stuff in the rage room for another 20 minutes
- Monday – Thursday: 4 – 10 pm
- Friday and Saturday: 12 – 10 pm
- Sunday: 12 – 8 pm
2. Rage Ground
Another LA location where you can go and break stuff for stress relief or entertainment is the Rage Ground.
This recreational center provides several options to fit everyone’s needs. You’ll find a rage room and paint splatter room with customizable packages.
Enjoy this alternative form of therapy and unforgettable experience with friends, family, and co-workers. You can make a solo trip or even bring a date along.
Pricing At the Rage Room
|Recruit Package||$60 per person||45 minutes|
|Birthday Bash||$90 per person||45 minutes|
|Warrior Package||$110 per person||45 minutes in the rage room 10+ minutes car smashing session|
|Berserker Package||$165 per person||45 minutes|
|Rage-A-Palooza||$1,200||Up to 2 hours|
|Demolition Derby||$1,200||Up to 2 hours|
What to Expect At Rage Ground
- A wide selection of items to break and weapons of destruction
- Full protective gear, including coveralls, gloves, a vest, and a hard hat with a face mask
- Rage Ground currently has five smash rooms, which can accommodate up to 4 people at a time
- The facility can host birthday parties and corporate events, but the groups will be split up
Rules at the Rage Ground
- Visitors must wear closed-toe shoes.
- This facility is open to anyone above the age of 13
- Minors should be accompanied by an adult who will sign the waiver on their behalf
- Rescheduling is allowed, and it’s free up to 24 hours in advance
- Refunds on cancellations are allowed up to 36 hours in advance
- Thursday – Sunday: 1 – 8 pm
3. Smash R.X. L.L.C.
Smashing things can help release immediate anger but doesn’t resolve chronic anger problems.
Smash R.X. understands this and has created a unique rage room that incorporates a therapeutic aspect.
Visitors are encouraged to smash more, but the center also offers licensed therapy work, including stress management, mental health, and anger management services.
The anger room provides a safe place to release anger, stress, anxiety, sadness, and frustration while having a good time.
Pricing at Smash R.X. L.L.C.
This recreational center offers a wide range of packages to suit different needs. There are packages for individuals, couples, and even groups, as shown below:
|Quarter Pounder||$70 per person||15|
|Stress release||$75 per person||20|
|I just need a moment to myself||$85 per person||30|
|I need a timeout||$95 per person||45|
|We need 15||$105 per couple||15|
|We definitely need counseling||$115 per couple||20|
|We need more than counseling||$130 per couple||30|
|Let’s try this and counseling||$155 per couple||45|
|Three’s company||$155 for 3-5 people||30|
|It’s a Group Thing||$270 for 6-9 people||30|
|Trady 4 da Part-Tay||$345 for 6-9 people||45|
What to expect at Smash R.X. L.L.C.
- Visitors get varying items to break, including wood, metal, glass, and electronics.
- The quantities will depend on the package. For instance, individual packages provide up to 20 glass breakables, while group packages offer up to 30 glass breakables and other items.
- Visitors get to their destruction tools, which include hammers, bats, crowbars, and more.
- The center provides protective coveralls, gloves, hard hats, and goggles to ensure safety.
- Add-ons are available at an additional price. This includes plate therapy at $25, B.Y.O.B. at $30, piano at $150, 20 more breakables at $30, and much more.
Rules at Smash R.X. L.L.C.
- No walk-ins
- Visitors must complete and sign waivers
- Visitors must wear closed-toe shoes
- No drugs or alcohol is allowed at the center
- Pregnant women and people with injuries or under the influence are not permitted in the rage room.
- Rage room services are not recommended to people suffering from severe mental illnesses.
- The minimum age limit is ten years, although an adult must accompany minors.
- Thursday-Saturday 11 am – 9 pm
- Sundays 1 pm – 6 pm
A lot of people exercise or meditate as a way to release anger and tension. But you may like to break stuff.
Thanks to the rage rooms in L.A., you now have a safe space to de-stress and have some fun while you’re at it.
Of course, rage rooms are no replacement for therapy. But they provide a healthy way to release anger in the immediate moment.