Have you ever had an overwhelming urge to throw your phone on a wall or smash the TV because you’re angry?
You hold yourself back because it’s not quite socially acceptable, not to mention the hassle of replacing the broken items.
Today we cover the best locations in Boise where visitors can have a blast, work up a sweat, and feel free afterward.
Hammer Time Rage Room
This center offers many activities for relieving stress, including axe-throwing, paint splatter, and smash rooms.
They provide items to destroy, various weapons of destruction, and all the safety gear you need to stay safe in the rage rooms.
Hammer Time allows you to bring your own breakables for a more personalized experience.
Hammer Time is not only a place for individuals to de-stress and reflect.
It’s also the best place for a unique date night, family outings, birthdays, team building, girls’ night out, and other group outings. Breaking stuff is as fun and exhilarating as it is freeing.
Pricing at Hammer Time
|Smash N Dash||$55 for up to 2 people||20 minutes|
|The Edward Hammer Hands||$65 for up to 2 people||25 minutes|
|Hammer Time Hammer Down||$100 for up to 4 people||30 minutes|
|The Hammer Me Timbers||$200 for up to 8 people||45 minutes|
|BB Shooting Gallery||$25 for 2 people||30 minutes|
What to Expect
- Hammer Time offers various items to break, ranging from small, medium, and large.
- You can expect to find bottles, dishware, printers, monitors, windshields, tables, and TVs. Note that the size and type of breakables may vary depending on inventory.
- Add-ons (breakables and participants) are available at an added cost
- Various tools of destruction, including baseball bats, crowbars, sledgehammers, golf clubs, and more
- The BYOBs package is available, but customers can only get it alongside another package. The items you bring are subject to approval.
- Depending on your package, rage sessions can last 10-45 minutes.
- You can participate in different activities to release stress, including breaking stuff, paint splatter, and axe throwing.
Rules at Hammer Time
- Guests must sign an online waiver
- Participants must wear shoes that cover the foot up to the ankle
- Appointments are recommended
- Participants must be 6+ years and able to fit in their safety face shield and gloves.
- An adult must come with minors
- Rescheduling is allowed
- The center reserves the right to refuse services for safety purposes
- Monday & Thursday: 2 pm – 8 pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday: Closed
- Friday: 2 pm – 10 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm – 10 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm – 5 pm
Ragers Smash-N-Axe Anger Room
This is one of the best axe-throwing locations in Idaho, an activity that allows you to work out and relieve built-up anxiety and stress.
But for some people, it’s not enough to release their rage, which is where Ragers Smash-N-Axe rage rooms come in.
Visitors enter a room and release their negative feelings on bottles, plates, printers, windshields, and TVs.
The rage rooms here are big enough to accommodate solo sessions and parties of 2-10 people. This makes them ideal for date nights, birthdays, bachelor parties, divorce parties, and team building.
Participants are required to suit up in protective gear before entering the rage room. Then they’ll choose their desired tool of destruction and go straight into breaking.
Pricing at Smash-N-Axe
Ragers Smash-N-Axe Rage Room has one customizable package based on the customer’s needs.
For $35 per person, you’ll get 25 minutes of rage time. Items offered will depend on the number of participants.
For starters, a solo session includes 15 small items. Two guests will get an additional medium item each, while three or more will get an extra large item each.
Add-ons are available at an added cost, as shown below:
- One car windshield for $20
- 15 glass/ceramic items for $10
- One large electronic for $15
- For those who would like to test their skills in axe-throwing, packages include:
- Axe Throwing Standard Lanes: $20/person for 1 hour or $30 for 2 hours
- Axe Throwing 21 and Older Lanes: $25/person for 1 hour or $35 for 2 hours
What to Expect
- Items to break will range from small bottles to phones, tablets, TV remotes, coffee makers, printers, TVs, and microwaves.
- Weapons of destruction include sledgehammers, baseball bats, metal pipes, and golf clubs.
- There are 16 axe-throwing lanes for those who want to throw axes in a safe, relaxed environment.
- During a raging session, participants will receive protective gear to protect them from the flying glass.
- Discounts are available to teachers, healthcare, military, first-time responders, and group bookings.
- The staff offers water bottles to everybody.
- Guests can enjoy playing shuffleboard or pinball in the lobby before or after their rage session.
- Beer, wine, and snacks are available at an added cost, but customers can still carry their own food or have it delivered.
- Participants must sign a liability waiver before entering the anger rooms
- Participants must have their safety gear on while in the smash room
- Participants must wear closed-toe shoes
- Items must be thrown at designated walls, not the ceilings or otherwise.
- Failure to follow safety rules can lead to ending your session
- The minimum age limit for participating in the rage room is 13 years
- No-shows are charged full price for the session booked
- Monday – Thursday: 3 pm – 10 pm
- Friday: 3 pm – 12 am
- Saturday: 12 pm – 12 am
- Sunday: 12 pm – 6 pm
Hard economic times, political unrest, social injustices, and daily stresses have increased anger and stress levels.
Now, more than ever, we need to blow off steam. Otherwise, we risk letting that frustration out on the people and things around us or even impacting our overall well-being.
Some people enjoy calming practices like meditation to release stress, but you may prefer breaking stuff.
Rage rooms come in to provide a safe and non-judgmental space to release rage through destruction therapy.