The past couple of years have been stressful and heavy for everyone. And everyday disappointments can start to build on you.
Getting all the anger, frustration, fear, and guilt out of your system is important. Otherwise, these negative emotions will manifest in physical aggression or mental health problems.
Destruction therapy in rage rooms has been found to help relieve pent-up energy. Plus, it’s fun and will get your mind off the things that are stressing you.
Detroit has many anger rooms, and some of the best choices include the following.
1. River Rat Rage
Take all your rage and anger out at the River Rat Rage Room. Or, if you’re not angry, you can still do raging activities for fun.
Among the many perks of choosing this rage room is you don’t have to worry about clean-up or replacing broken items afterward.
Customers are outfitted with PPEs and given all kinds of destructive weapons to work out their anger. There are Bluetooth speakers so you can jam to your favorite songs while you smash.
|Wanna Smash Room||$45||30 minutes|
|Rage Like Your Mom Room||$45||30 minutes|
|Dirty Dotte Room||$45||30 minutes|
The $45 price includes a room and one rager. An additional rager will cost $25 at the door.
What to Expect
- The rage room contains a bin of 12-14 breakable items, including bottles, dishes, and trinkets. But you can buy more items to smash, including larger items like printers, TVs, monitors, and lamps.
- Customers can also bring their own stuff. Of course, toxic items, chemicals, wet substances, and light bulbs are not allowed.
- PPEs are included in each package, including gloves, protective eyewear, and masks.
- You can photograph or record your raging session
Rules at River Rat Rage
- Participants must wear the proper attire, including closed-toe shoes, long pants, and a long-sleeve shirt.
- All visitors must get suited up in the provided protective gear.
- Each participant must sign a waiver.
- The rage room is open to all ages, but minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, who will also sign the waiver.
- Participants must arrive 10 minutes earlier than their scheduled time to go over the rules and gear up.
- No refunds for cancellations
- Monday – Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 6 – 10 pm
- Friday: 6 – 11 pm
- Saturday: 4 – 11 pm
- Sunday: 2 – 6 pm
2. Destruction Depot
Don’t take your problems from work to home and vice versa. You can let out all your frustrations at the Destruction Depot Rage Room.
They’ll have you pick various items to smash, including glasses, dishes, vases, TVs, appliances, monitors, printers, etc.
This recreational center is perfect for a fun afternoon alone, with friends, a unique date, parties, and even corporate events.
Their regular rage rooms can hold two people at a time, but they have a party room for hosting four people.
Pricing at Destruction Depot
The prices at this center start at $20 per person, which covers access to the rage room, PPEs, destruction weapons, and clean-up.
There will be extra charges depending on what you want to break. For instance:
- Dishes/glasses start at $1
- Liquor/Wine bottles: $3
- Electronics: $4 – $30
- Value boxes: $8 – $30
- Laptops start at $10
- Rage Buckets: $10
- TVs: $10 – $50
- Computer towers: $20 – $25
The rage room is available for 45 minutes or until you run out of things to destroy.
What to Expect
- There’s a wide variety of breakables, but they may vary depending on the available inventory.
- Customers can bring their own smashable (up to three items). Of course, some items are prohibited, like explosives, human remains, light bulbs, cell phones, monitors, and liquids, to name a few.
- Guests are given safety gear and destruction tools.
- Customers can spend as much or as little as they want, with stuff to break starting from as low as $1.
- There are also value boxes with plenty of items to break for a low price.
- Suitable for all kinds of parties, including birthdays, divorce parties, corporate events, and so on
Rules at Destruction Depot
- Participants must be 13 years and above.
- Minors must have a parent/guardian with them at all times
- All participants must sign a waiver
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- Guests must wear safety gear, including coveralls, goggles, hard hats, and face shields.
- Monday – Friday: 5 – 9 pm
- Saturday: 1 pm – 9 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm – 5 pm
3. Escape Room Zone
Is everything in your life going crazy? Why not smash stuff at the Escape Room Zone? They have a rage room that allows you to participate in destruction therapy in a safe and controlled environment.
Everything that’s possibly breakable is available, including glasses, old electronics, and bottles.
While not completely dangerous, smashing things can result in glass flying. For this reason, guests will receive gloves, goggles, a face mask, and protective chest gear to prevent injury.
This center also offers other exhilarating activities to help you release pent-up energy. Be sure to try out their escape rooms and axe throwing as well.
Raging sessions start at $40 per person for up to 20 minutes or until you’re done smashing, whichever comes first.
Customers can buy extra bins for $35 or extra breakables from $5 to $200.
What to Expect
- The rage room stocks everything, from vases to TVs, computers, printers, sinks, and toilets, to name a few. But the smashable items may change, depending on available inventory.
- Customers will get a bin of 25 items to break, weapons of destruction, and safety gear.
- Extra items are available at an added cost.
- Customers can bring their own items to break, but some restrictions may apply.
- The rage room can only hold two people simultaneously, but group bookings are still encouraged. Be sure to call first when planning for a large party/event.
- The room has speakers so you can blast the music of your choice while raging.
- Participants must be 13 years and above
- An adult must accompany minors
- All participants must sign a waiver
- The center only provides safety gear that covers your clothing, so proper clothing is necessary. This means closed-toe shoes, long pants, and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Participants should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled time, or they may lose their reservation.
- Monday – Thursday: 3 – 10 pm
- Friday: 3 pm – 12 am
- Saturday: 12 pm – 12 am
- Sunday: 12 pm – 9 pm
We are often told to suck it up when angry, stressed, frustrated, insecure, or sad. Sometimes we are told to go to therapy, which can be pretty costly, not to mention some people don’t believe in it.
Destruction therapy is a great alternative for releasing negative emotions while having fun.
Of course, rage rooms are not a replacement for actual therapy. And if fun, raging activities are not helping you de-stress, it would be best to seek professional help.