There’s no shortage of things to annoy and frustrate us. Plus, a lot of people are dealing with sadness, grief, shame, and all kinds of negative emotions.
Finding healthy ways to release these feelings can prevent many physical and mental problems.
Below we look at a few places in Miami or just a few minutes’ drive from Miami where you can break things for a little inner peace.
1. The Smashit House Davie
Traffic is a bummer; you broke a nail, your computer has crashed, your family is stressing you out, and your boss is breathing down your neck.
Now you can vent all you want at the Smashit House.
The concept here is quite simple; visitors enter a safe anger room full of items like glass bottles, frames, printers, TVs, and computers.
Visitors can take part in other fun activities to help release pent-up energy, including:
- Paintball shooting
- Axe throwing
- Plate Therapy
- Pool and ping pong
- Games such as darts, ping pong, pool table, 80’s arcade games, and board games
Unlike other smash rooms that charge per-guest fees, the Smashit House offers a flat group rate.
This makes them more cost-effective, especially for group outings. Participants receive many more items to break, thus enhancing your raging experience.
The Smashit House offers various affordable packages to suit different needs.
Newbies can take advantage of the starter packages to test the waters in the rage rooms.
|Losing Your Shit||$110 for up to 3 guests||30 minutes|
|Mess Your Shit Up||$99 for up to 3 guests||30 minutes|
|Ultimate Shittters||$159 for up to 4 guests||30 minutes|
Tired of googling date night ideas? This recreational center has a fantastic anger room and combo date night packages:
|Rage Room||$85||30 minutes|
|Rage Room and Axe Throwing||$119||20 minutes rage room 30 minutes axe throwing|
Combo packages for a full raging experience
|Mess Your Sh@&t Up Party||$200 for up to 6 guests||45 minutes|
|Losing Your Sh@&t Party||$270 for up to 10 guests||45 minutes|
|Double Shitters||$499 for up to 18 guests||45 minutes|
|Combo package||$299 for up to 7 guests||30 minutes rage room 45 minutes axe throwing|
Plate Therapy Packages
Write everything you want to leave behind on a plate, and then throw it away.
It could be that toxic ex-boyfriend, cancer you’re fighting, the job stressing you, the low self-esteem you’re struggling with, and so on.
- 3 Therapy Plates $15
- 6 Therapy Plates $25
- 9 Therapy Plates $45
- 12 Therapy Plates for $69
What to expect
- The rage rooms include a mix of glass, ornaments, frames, small and large electronics, and so on.
- Some packages include furniture and industrial items
- Axe-throwing activities will consist of a mix of axes, knives, hatchets, and ninja stars
- Smashit House will provide full protective gear, including goggles, a hard hat, a protective jumpsuit, and gloves.
- Suitable for solo sessions, couples, birthday parties, divorce parties, and other group outings.
Rules at The Smashit House Davie
- Customers must book all raging and combo activities online
- Participants must be 14 years old and above
- Minors must come with an adult and have a signed waiver
- All participants must read and sign a liability waiver
- Guests must watch a safety tutorial before engaging in raging activities
- Guests must wear closed-toe shoes, long-sleeved tops, and pants
- Raging sessions are monitored and recorded for safety purposes
- Monday-Thursday: 12 pm – 9 pm
- Friday-Saturday: 9 am — 11 pm
- Sunday: 10 am — 9 pm
2. Wreck-It Ft Laudy
What better way to get an emotional release than breaking glass bottles, TVs, and even iPads at the WreckIt Rage Room?
It’s also a fantastic way to bond with loved ones and co-workers or release the stress of breakups and divorces.
The center offers a safe space for people to let it out and have fun. Plus, you don’t have to worry about replacing anything or cleaning up afterward.
WreckIt offers various packages to suit different needs, as shown below:
|Hammered||$70 for up to 2 people||30 minutes|
|Couples||$100 for up to 2 participants||30 minutes|
|Smashed||$250 for up to 6 participants||30 minutes|
|Fat Glass||$140 for up to 4 participants||30 minutes|
|Obliterated||$400 for up to 8 participants||30 minutes|
|Wrecked B.Y.O.B.||$30/person||30 minutes|
|Themed Room||$250 for up to 8 participants||60 minutes|
What to expect
- The center provides a face mask, gloves, and a suit
- The rage room is suitable for solo sessions, divorce parties, team building, corporate events, and other group outings.
- The number of items provided will vary depending on the package. But customers can expect a mix of small, medium, and large breakables.
- There are also different weapons of destruction, including sledgehammers, crowbars, and baseball bats.
- Customers can bring their own breakables.
Rules at Wreck It Ft Laudy
- Participants must be 16 years and above
- Minor must come with a parent/guardian
- Customers can reschedule
- Partial refunds are available in case of a cancellation. Customers must give a two-hour notice, though.
- Monday-Thursday: 4-10 pm
- Friday: 4-11 pm
- Saturday: 12-11 pm
- Sunday: 12-6 pm
3. The Smashouse Rage Room
Are you feeling angry, powerless, and worthless? Don’t let these negative feelings control you.
The Smashouse rage room offers 30-minute raging sessions to get your blood flowing and your adrenaline kicking.
This, in turn, allows you to release all the pent-up anger and stress you’ve been carrying. You can even bring your kids, friends, family, co-workers, or date for a fun time.
This amusement center is in the City of Oakland Park, which is half an hour from Miami, FL.
The Smashouse Rage Room charges $45 per person for 30 minutes.
What to expect
- All are welcome to release their rage and frustrations and celebrate wins like beating cancer.
- Participants receive safety gear to prevent the shattering glass from causing harm.
- The rage room contains a mix of breakables, including household items, glassware, and electronics.
- Guests can bring their own items to smash, but they must be approved by the staff first.
- This center is suitable for solo and group sessions.
- Guests are encouraged to wear long sleeve tops and pants, as coveralls may not always be available.
Rules at The Smashouse Rage Room
- Participants must book rage sessions online ahead of time, meaning no walk-ins.
- All booking should occur 24 hours prior
- Guests must wear closed-toe shoes and safety gear while in the smash room
- Guests are encouraged to arrive 10 minutes earlier
- Guests must adhere to safety protocols or risk being taken out of the smash rooms with no refund
- No refunds, but rescheduling is allowed
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 12 pm – 9 pm
- Friday-Sunday: 12 pm – 10 pm
The daily stresses of life can weigh heavily on even the most optimistic individuals. This is where rage rooms come in, to provide a safe and healthy outlet for negative emotions.
Participants will get their hearts pumping in a new, fun, and innovative way. This, in turn, improves their physical and mental well-being.
From parenting stress to divorces, and even celebrations, there’s no emotion you can’t beat in a rage room. Most importantly, if you’re struggling with chronic anger or mental health problems, seek medical help.